Monday, April 6, 2009

Immunizations...Continued

Today we took Cash to the doctor and got some of his immunizations. What worries me about the immunizations is the possible reactions Cash could have to them. After losing Weston, I suppose I'm much worse about thinking up all the "what ifs" with Cash. We go back in one month for Cash to get the rest of his first set of immunizations. I'm very nervous about him getting the DTaP vaccine as the side effects he could potentially get with this immunization are worse than any of the other shots. I do understand the possibility of him having any of the really bad side effects, if any at all, are very slim but there is that chance. He does seem to be doing fine after his shots today - no fever, if anything he seems to be cold actually. He has slept pretty good all afternoon and so far this evening, which is good. I just gave him some more Tylenol and fed him. He did start fussing but calmed down when I gave him his pacifier. He also spit up quite a bit of what he ate (more than usual) which could be because of the RSV vaccine. Hopefully he'll be his normal self tomorrow.

No comments: