Monday, February 2, 2009

36 Week Checkup

Today was my 36 week checkup and boy was I ever glad. I went to the doctor on Thursday because I wasn't feeling well, and I found out I had another infection. The doctor thought it was a bladder infection so put me on an antibiotic for that. I stayed home from work on Friday because I was feeling so horrible and was exhausted. I felt pretty rough all weekend long, taking Tylenol every 4 hours for my backache and headache and just trying to take it easy. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst headache of my life. It lasted through about 11am then finally let up a bit. I was only scheduled to work until noon today because of my doctor appointment but ended up calling in because I hardly got any sleep and still had the headache when my alarm went off. When I got to the doctor, they hooked me up for a non-stress test (which they did last week and will continue doing each week until Cash is born). The doctor said everything looked good on the test, but because I had some protein in my urine and have had the headache since Thursday he wanted to run tests to see if I am pre-eclampsic. I go back on Wednesday for the results of my tests, so he has me off work until after that appointment. If I do have pre-eclampsia, he will more than likely put me on bed rest and Cash will be born some time in the next 3 weeks. If it turns out that this is all just a result of my infection and I need to be on a different anitbiotic, he'll probably set a date for the c-section sometime 3-4 weeks from now. Today I am feeling very ready for this baby to be born and this pregnancy to be over.

1 comment: