Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Could Be Any Day Now

I had a follow-up appointment today to go over the results of the test the doctor ran on Monday & Tuesday. The blood work came back that my liver levels were good, but the other tests came back that I do have pre-eclampsia. I really wasn't expecting to hear that, nor did I want to hear it! I have to repeat one of the tests over the next 24 hours then go back to the doctor Friday morning for the results and an ultra sound. My doctor is pretty confident that we'll be having this baby Friday or Saturday - unless the results of the test show that the pre-eclampsia hasn't progressed much, then I'll probably be admitted to the hospital for round the clock testing and the doctor will determine when the baby needs to be delivered. It felt a little like deja vu when the doctor said we'd be having the baby in the next 2-3 days. Sure brought back memories of going into the hospital in TN for Weston. The great thing is that we've made it to 36 weeks with Cash and he's such an active little bugger he should be just fine according the the doctor and nurse.
I'm supposed to be on bed rest now but made sure to get my bag packed as soon as I got home. Johnny is talking about taking tomorrow off work to do some last minute baby shopping, put the crib together, install the car seat & do a little cleaning.
We'll keep everyone posted as to how things are going and when this little guy makes his appearance!

1 comment:

Tammy On the Go said...

please let us know soon! Love ya girl