Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not Feeling So Hot

Today I left work at 10:00 due to the excruciating back and lower abdominal pain I was experiencing - much worse than it has been the past couple months. I also had an extremely bad headache and was feeling sick to my stomach. I called my doctor's office and was told by the nurse to go home and try a warm bath for the back pain and Tylenol for the headache. She said if I wasn't feeling better by 1:00 I was to call her back. The warm bath did help my back for a few hours but the Tylenol did nothing for the headache, so I called Jamie (my nurse) back. She said I needed to get in to be seen by my doctor, so off Johnny & I went to my doctor's office. Johnny called my parents to see if they could go, too, in case it ended up not being anything too serious, then he would just go to work when we were done and my parents could drive me home. The doctor ended up finding out that just from yesterday to today I had gotten a really bad kidney infection which was contributing to some of the back pain. My doctor wasn't sure about the headache but said it was a good sign that my vision hadn't changed and I wasn't having chest pressure as both of those along with a headache are signs of toxemia. He did do a test to determine if I would go into labor in the next two weeks (it's 98% accurate) and that came back negative - another good sign. Now I'm on an antibiotic for the infection, off work for the rest of the week per doctor's orders, and I go back for a follow-up appointment next Wednesday. Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a long 7 weeks.....?

No comments: